The exterior of your home is extremely important, both structurally and aesthetically. LoftyPods offers several different siding materials and colors to choose from, all with various advantages and disadvantages. Some of the things to consider when choosing a siding material is cost, esthetics, ease of maintenance and durability.
The main siding material that we are using are the following, acrylic, wood, engineered wood and metal. Below you will see the relative advantages disadvantages for each siding.
ENGINEERED WOOD BY CANEXEL
Engineered wood siding is comprised of wood fiber strands and resins which are compressed together under extreme pressure. The result is a lightweight and durable material that looks and feels like natural wood. It is a great alternative to natural wood.
- Looks like natural wood
- Easier and less costly to install than real wood siding
- Termite and Rot Resistant
- Can handle extreme heat and cold without warping or deteriorating
- More resistant to water and weather damage
WOOD SIDING BY MAIBEC
Wood siding is a very common choice of siding in Quebec and very popular in other parts of the country. Wood siding comes in a variety of types and styles and can be stained or painted in countless colors and finishes, enough to fill the needs of nearly every homeowner. If maintained properly, wood siding is strong enough to last decades.
- One of the most eco-conscious materials available
- Comes in a variety of types and styles
- Spruce wood covering
- Among the easiest to stain and paint
- With proper care, wood siding can last years
Acrylic siding is made out of PVC plastic resin and is one of the most cost effective options. It is an extremely durable and comes in many colors. Unlike wood, acrylic is treated to repel mildew, rot, chipping and warping.
- Very affordable option
- Comes in many different patterns, colors, and textures
- Very low maintenance, and never needs to be painted
- Great insulator, making your home warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer
Metal siding is one of the most durable siding choices you can make. It can withstand virtually any weather condition and has a much longer lifespan than other siding materials. Metal siding cost more than other siding but comes with a lot of benefits that may save you money in the long run.
- Low maintenance
- Extremely easy to maintain
- Fire resistant
- Relatively eco-friendly & recyclable
- Fully resistant to insects and moisture
- Unlikely to fade, chip, crack or warp, fading, cracking